Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Data Engineer.
The Data Engineer will facilitate the integration of our CRM, marketing automation platform, GL accounting system, and data warehouse. They both creatively solve data problems and introduce innovation to existing processes. This position will be responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines on Google Cloud, as well as identifying opportunities for improved data processes. The Data Engineer will support our database analysts, developers, and data initiatives and will ensure optimal data flow architectures across the organization.
We’re looking for an individual who enjoys building efficient and resilient systems and automating manual processes. They will collaborate with both technical and non-technical partners to architect data to serve business needs. The ideal candidate has experience designing and implementing cloud data pipelines, with a focus on best practices. This person will be detail-oriented, possess strong communication skills, and be able to organize and prioritize tasks. They will prioritize data security in their work, both at the design and implementation stage. They should have experience with serverless computing, cloud warehousing, and data-oriented programming.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture across CJP
- Plan and implement data integrations between CJP’s critical systems, including our CRM, Marketing platform, online giving solution, and GL accounting system.
- Partner with the Measurement and Evaluation team to implement a programmatic data pipeline.
- Identify and automate manual processes across the organization, serving as an internal consultant.
- Ensure the security of our donor data by following and sharing security best practices
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related subject
- 3 years’ minimum experience in working programmatically with data
- 3 years’ minimum experience with database management systems (SQL Server, Oracle, and/or MySQL)
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) and table design, as well as working familiarity with BigQuery or similar
- Strong Python programming skills, with a focus on data manipulation/transformation and related libraries.
- Knowledge of serverless computing best practices and ability to independently design and implement data pipelines.
- Experience systematically cleaning messy and incomplete data, matching data from multiple systems, and general data munging for the purpose of solving business needs
- Experience creating audit-able data processes and knowledge of security best practices
- Proven ability to independently partner with non-technical stakeholders to identify and solve business problems through data processes
- Experience with a cloud computing environment, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with HubSpot
- Ability to quickly learn and work with third-party data APIs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of statistics and experience with data modeling, preferably using Python or BigQuery ML
- Experience with a dashboarding tool, preferably Microsoft PowerBI
- Experience working with an enterprise CRM, preferably Blackbaud CRM
- Familiarity with non-profit business model and operations
- Ability to learn and utilize highly specialized software applications
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, as the situation demands
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators and co-workers
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks; also, flexible and willing to accept changes in priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods, much of which will be working at a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply:https://secure6.saashr.com/ta/6178095.careers?ShowJob=403052032
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer.People with disabilities, women, veterans, black, indigenous and people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.