Maimonides School, a Modern Orthodox day school in Brookline, MA, seeks an instructor for Elementary School General Studies and Limudei Kodesh for the 2022-23 school year. This is a unique position as we are looking for an educator who can teach both subjects.
The successful candidate will be an experienced individual who is well versed in teaching literacy, mathematics, and other general studies subjects; is warm, creative, professional, and energetic; and works well with children and adults. The candidate will be responsible for creating a nurturing and collaborative environment that cultivates learning Judaic studies subjects and skills, Hebrew language, and an appreciation of the State of Israel. Candidates must be knowledgeable about Judaics, with a demonstrated passion for elementary school education.
● Plan, build, execute, and measure the success of student-centered classroom lessons within the context of our school's General Studies and Judaic Studies curricula
● Provide an environment that encourages participation, recognize the needs of individual students and the entire group, and offer support and flexibility as needed
● Work as part of a cooperative and diverse team of educators and administrators to carry out the mission of Maimonides
● Cultivate positive relationships with current and prospective students and parents
● Implement positive discipline
● Adhere to administration policies and rules
● Observe children and make notes of progress and development
● Provide a safe and secure environment in which children feel comfortable
● When teaching Hebrew, teach critical skills related to the four strands of language acquisition: listening, speaking, reading, and writing
● Work collaboratively with co-teachers.
● Communicate with parents
● Supervise recess and lunch
Candidates should have a minimum of two years’ elementary or middle school general studies teaching experience and a commitment to work as part of a collaborative team that prepares students with the skills, critical thinking abilities, and content knowledge to succeed as they develop as learners and progress toward middle school. A Master’s degree is preferred, as is interest in professional growth and commitment to continuous learning.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Maimonides currently has a full-time position available. Maimonides School runs on an academic year, beginning in late August and ending in late June. Most faculty positions are not required to work from late June through early August.
We want you to be part of our team! Maimonides offers an unparalleled dual curriculum in Judaic and general studies, with an emphasis on moral and spiritual development. From early childhood (2-year-olds) through 12th grade, our students are avid learners, eager to engage with each other, their teachers, and their community.
Join our family of outstanding educators and administrators who recognize each new day as an opportunity for creative ideas, collaboration, and connection. Maimonides is more than a school; it is a vibrant community whose members embody kindness and compassion for others.
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with years of experience and highest degree. Maimonides School is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Maimonides does not discriminate based on disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.
Please apply to email@example.com with “Elementary School GS/LK position” in the subject line.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree + Advanced Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.