The Executive Assistant works closely with Rashi’s Head of School and leadership team in a variety of capacities that are critical to the operation of the school. Responsibilities include strategic and high-level administrative duties of broad scope and complexity requiring outstanding professionalism, mature judgment and discretion, excellent written and oral communication skills, and a thorough knowledge of Rashi’s programs and organizational structure. The Executive Assistant supports the Head of School to address sensitive and complex issues and remains flexible in both independent and collaborative modes to achieve the school’s mission and goals.
● Facilitate the ability of the Head of School (HoS) to manage executive functions by assisting to prioritize key initiatives, goals, and objectives.
● Draft communications, presentations, speeches, publications, talking points, and other materials in the voice of the school.
● Coordinate between the HoS, Board of Trustees, Board Committees, and Leadership Team.
● Conduct research, prepare, draft and revise analytical reports.
● Oversee special projects for the HoS in support of institutional priorities.
● Maintain absolute confidentiality and security with private and sensitive information.
● Manage the HoS calendar and schedule, phone coverage, correspondence, etc. as needed.
● Assist the HoS with the Board of Trustees and Leadership Team on matters not directly handled by the Head of School.
● Attend all meetings of the Board of Trustees and its Committees.
The ideal candidate is a highly self-motivated individual who is passionate about Rashi’s mission and values and possesses the professional experience or transferable skills in education, communication, consulting, marketing, and strategic planning. Other requirements include:
● Bachelor’s degree (advanced degrees preferred)
● Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience
● Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining the focus on the Head of School’s priorities
● Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and logically both verbally and in writing
● Experience in communication - writing, proofreading and editing in the voice of the school.
● Absolute discretion and proven track record of successfully handling confidential matters
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully with all constituencies: Faculty & Staff, Parents, Trustees, and Community Leaders
● A balance of self-direction and the readiness to question for understanding
● Passion for the mission of the school and the understanding that fulfilling that mission requires dedication and commitment
● Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
● Able to sit, stand, type, twist, bend.
● Able to use telephone and computers.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
To apply, send resume, letter of interest, and list of professional references.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, short and long term disability insurance, retirement plan, generous paid time off, and student tuition considerations.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree Required and 3-5 years of experience.