Position Title: Joyful Connection Assistant (Bilingual, English and Chinese: Mandarin and Cantonese)
Reports to: Special Programs Manager
Compensation: $22-$25 per hour, Non-exempt
Temporary, 10 hours a week
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age. We offer case management, service coordination, and a wide array of wellness, cultural, and other activities. We partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ health and well-being, and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program.
Joyful Connections is an afternoon social drop-in program for residents who are experiencing memory loss. The intent of this meaningful program is to promote social connections, inspire creativity, and cultivate a sense of purpose. Joyful Connections operates at the Brighton campus, Monday – Friday, 2-4 PM. Each two-hour session consists of two components: physical activity, and some sort of therapeutic activity (art, music, movement).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Assisting staff members and therapists during the Joyful Connections program (help with snack preparation, distribute supplies to residents, etc.)
• Interpreting in Cantonese and Mandarin dialects
• Working closely with staff members to monitor residents’ behavior and solicit new ideas and feedback
• Maintaining communication with staff members to ensure understanding and consistency in staff-resident relationships
• Collaborating with staff members to maintain a friendly and positive environment for participants
• Helping participants with any tasks that they’re unable to perform due to physical limitations; We encourage participants to do as much as they can for themselves to maintain their remaining skills and abilities.
• Other duties as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• 1-year of related experience required
• Fluent in Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese) and English speaking skills
• Experience working with older adults, especially those with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and a cooperative spirit
• Value and embrace the culture of 2Life Communities
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We desire to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.