Position Title: Occupancy Specialist
Reports to: Compliance Supervisor
Compensation: Nonexempt, Full-time $42,000-$45,000 annually
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age. We offer case management, service coordination, and a wide array of wellness, cultural, and other activities. We partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ health and well-being, and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program.
2Life owns and operates over 1,300 units of affordable rental housing located within six campuses in metropolitan Boston. With another 210 apartments under construction and more in planning, we expect to add another 600-700 units within the next several years as we complete projects in active planning and construction phases. We continue to pursue other development opportunities. We anticipate continued growth in the size of our portfolio, the geography in which we operate, and the diversity of our residents in terms of race, ethnicity, income levels, and need for supportive services.
The Occupancy Specialist assists the 2Life Communities Compliance team in performing applicant/resident certification and re-certification processing for Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and other government subsidies in a timely fashion. This is an entry-level position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Processes resident-related documentation for all government subsidies, including annual and interim (re)certifications, EIV processing, and voucher processing, as needed
• Proficient use of RealPage, an industry based software
• Processes move-in and move-out documentation of residents
• Maintains accurate and complete manual tenant files
• Conducts in-person interviews with tenants, with an ability to effectively communicate rent determining process
• Provides assistance of this functioning to other 2Life sites as needed
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs reception duties including filing, answering phones and greeting guests, as well as provide general application information, as needed
• Assists with resident events or issues as needed
• Performs additional duties, as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Prior experience in property management compliance for affordable residential communities preferred
• Certification for processing Section 8 and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit subsidies preferred.
• Fair Housing certification required
• Diploma, GED, or Associate’s degree preferred
• Bilingual skills in English/Russian strongly preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented and well organized
• Ability to work independently with flexibility to manage multiple responsibilities effectively
• Demonstrated capacity to respect and support older adults to live independent and dignified lives regardless of physical capacity
• Proficient in word processing, and spreadsheet software
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
• Robust medical and dental plan
• Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• 2 floating holidays
• Pet insurance
• And more!
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We desire to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Qualifications: 0-2 years of experience.