Position Title: Occupancy Specialist II
Reports to: Compliance Supervisor
Compensation: Nonexempt, Full-time $48,000-$51,000 annually
2Life Communities provides superior housing to older adults of all backgrounds who can thrive independently within a supportive environment. We are a mission-driven organization with a vision whereby all older adults have the opportunity to age in community – to live a full life of connection and purpose in a dynamic and supportive environment. We are continually evolving support services to meet the needs of our diverse residents as they age. We offer case management, service coordination, and a wide array of wellness, cultural, and other activities. We partner with health care providers to identify innovative ways to support residents’ health and well-being, and we engage with the broader community through our Village Center program.
2Life owns and operates over 1,300 units of affordable rental housing located within six campuses in metropolitan Boston. With another 210 apartments under construction and more in planning, we expect to add another 600-700 units within the next several years as we complete projects in active planning and construction phases. We continue to pursue other development opportunities. We anticipate continued growth in the size of our portfolio, the geography in which we operate, and the diversity of our residents in terms of race, ethnicity, income levels, and need for supportive services.
The Occupancy Specialist II manages the 2Life Compliance team in performing applicant/resident certification and recertification processing for Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credit, and other government subsidies in a timely fashion. This position will also have the responsibility to assist the Leasing Coordinator to more efficiently qualify, show, and lease vacant units as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Processes resident-related income and asset verification and complete the timely recertifications, partnering with the Compliance Supervisor to meet deadlines
• Conducts timely monthly voucher processing
• Conducts in-person interviews with tenants and applicants, with an ability to effectively communicate the rent determining process
• Communicates with prospective applicants to explain the applicant selection process, conducts in-person interviews to collect documentation, shows available units, and prepares move-in paperwork
• Maintains accurate and complete manual tenant files and ensures electronic copies
• Acts as a resource for the guidance of this functioning to less experienced 2Life Compliance staffers
• Management may ask the Occupancy Specialist II to assist at other 2Life campuses
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs reception duties, including answering phones and greeting guests, and providing general application information as needed
• Assists 2Life Team with Wait List applicant processing and filing
• Assists with resident issues as needed
• Performs additional duties as assigned
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Three years in property management and compliance for affordable residential communities is required
• Certification for processing Section 8 and Low-Income Housing Tax Credit subsidies required
• Fair Housing certification required
• Experience with RealPage’s OneSite, and industry-based software
• Highly proficient in word processing and spreadsheet software
• Enormously skilled in math, problem-solving, and interpersonal interviewing
• Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, well organized, team orientated with the ability to work flexibly in order to manage multiple responsibilities at the same time
• The person in this role must be customer friendly to positively “sell” the 2Life Community as future housing
• Bilingual skills in English/Russian or English/Chinese preferred
• Demonstrates capacity to respect and support older adults to live independent and dignified lives regardless of physical ability.
Here at 2Life, we also offer a very rich benefit plan which for individuals adds 27% on top of the base pay and over 30% for employee +1 and families. Our rewards program includes but not limited to:
• Robust medical and dental plan
• Employer-paid life and AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance
• 401(k) plan
• Paid vacation
• Paid holidays
• 2 floating holidays
• Pet insurance
• And more!
2Life Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to inclusive excellence and strives to create the finest affordable housing in the world through the collaboration of diverse, talented individuals. We encourage women, people of color, and applicants from the LGBTQIA+ community to apply.
The above statements intend to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to do this job. The above does not intend to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
We desire to build and cultivate an inclusive environment that brings together a diverse workforce with unique experiences, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.