Share your love of science and nature with children this summer! Camp Kaleidoscope, the JCC arts day camp in Newton, has two open positions for creative, enthusiastic teachers who can make science fun. Hands-on activities may include building solar ovens; exploring magnetism and electricity; habitat exploration; experimenting with light and color; duct-tape creations and much more. Teach daily creative classes to campers grades K-3. One opening is for the full camp season, June 26-August 18. The other is for month two only, July 24-August 18. Camp day is Monday-Friday 8:45 AM – 4:15 PM. The positions include pre-camp planning meetings , orientation the week of June 19 and staff meetings every other Monday afternoon. JCC Greater Boston offers free camp bus service from Cambridge, Brookline, Framingham, Sudbury, and Wayland, enabling staff to access transportation from their home communities.
JCC Greater Boston is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
Camp Kaleidoscope draws creative youth interested in the arts, science and the outdoors. Supportive, experienced counselors and teachers guide campers as they develop and build self-confidence. Camp is fast-paced, nurturing and supportive, as both campers and staff develop lifelong friendships.
Salary for the full season is $4,800-$6000 . Salary for the one-month position is $2,400-$3,000. The salary offered will ultimately be determined by the scope of the position, the candidate’s relevant experience, and internal equity. All camp staff have complimentary JCC summer access. Full-time staff send their children to camp tuition-free for the weeks they are working (tax implications may apply).
• Curriculum development and managing supplies
• Leading hands-on science experiences in a wide variety of subjects including Chemistry, biology, nature studies, and food science/cooking (grades K-3)
• Creating a fun/joyful dynamic
• Teaching 5 classes daily
• Working in partnership with peers and Camp Leadership to provide a happy, safe and Memorable summer for the children
• College degree or significant experience in Science, Education, or related subject
• Experience with young children
• Excellent classroom management skills
• A love of children and a desire to make a difference every day
• The ability to multitask and to manage situations effectively and diplomatically
• Commitment to build strong relationships with campers, co-workers, and camp leadership
In addition to a rewarding position where you care for a community, the JCC Greater Boston provides competitive benefits including:
• A competitive salary
• Complimentary summer access to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton – offering indoor swimming and workout facilities
• Parents working full time may have their child attend camp for free for the weeks they are working
• Outstanding working environment including convenient free parking
JCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff, children, and program participants very seriously. On an ongoing basis, we align our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC and the state. In response to current local public health situations, our practices have previously included, and in the future may include, ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, vaccination requirements and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.
JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community. Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
• Creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships
• Welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston
• Supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life
• Nourishing minds, bodies and spirits through dynamic, innovative and accessible experiences, and
• Expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as a whole.
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a great team, co-creating a thriving, dynamic organization which is devoted to community building and lasting impact, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the https://bostonjcc.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.