Congregation Or Atid (“Light of the Future”) in Wayland, MA is a dynamic and committed congregation of
more than 150 households that is part of the vibrant MetroWest and Greater Boston Jewish Community. We are
a progressive, egalitarian Conservative congregation that welcomes and embraces individuals and families of
The Synagogue Administrator supports the effective operation of the synagogue and the Jewish Learning
Collaborative of MetroWest (religious school) through their work doing office administration, community
communications, and event coordination as well as their support for the Rabbi, the Education Director, and lay
We are looking for a skilled Synagogue Administrator (part-time) who is caring and friendly, self-motivated,
detail oriented and who can communicate effectively in a wide range of personal and professional situations. A
positive attitude, pleasant demeanor, and the ability to appropriately handle confidential information are
y Responsibilities and Duties
• Manages synagogue office: Answers email/phones, greets visitors, manages office supplies and
equipment inventory, and performs general clerical functions; proactively schedules and coordinates
vendors and service providers for equipment and building maintenance and repairs; ensures that
computers, network, and office equipment are operational.
• Supports Rabbi, Director of Education, and lay leaders: Serves as first point of external contact,
responds to requests for information, assists with planning for meetings, programs and events and
provides other administrative support.
• Manages membership and prospect communications through use of ShulCloud (an integrated synagogue
management tool), Constant Contact, and email; regularly authors and updates website content.
• Provides marketing support: Manages social media accounts and posts to social media; distributes press
releases, creates flyers and other communications.
• Maintains synagogue database and distribution lists.
• Maintains a synagogue-wide calendar for events, meetings and building usage.
• Provides event coordination and support: Manages the logistics for community events, program
RSVPs/registrations, materials and communications with attendees.
• Coordinates building usage for events, funerals, other building rental/usage.
• Performs occasional light bookkeeping and financial record keeping.
• Takes on projects and other administrative duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communications, organizational and inter-personal skills
• Ability to create, maintain and organize documents using Word and Google Docs
• Ability to create and manage postings to and optimize use of social media platforms, including, but not
limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others
• Working knowledge of website content authoring and management tools, database entry and update,
and Constant Contact or similar marketing communications tools
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.