May 2015 Update from CJP’s Executive Committee on Young Adults.
Here at CJP, we’re all about keeping you in the know with all of the things – and what better way to keep you informed than to share some impressive (if we do say so ourselves) stats from what’s been an incredible year?
We’ve accomplished so much so far, and we’re beyond proud to be part of this record-breaking progress – and we couldn’t have done it without you. From all of us on the Executive Committee for Young Adults, we thank you for making an amazing impact.
And now onto the good stuff…
Over $200,000 in grant funding is to be awarded:
- 20 Innovation Grants have been awarded by members of the Dewey Stone Kadimah Leadership Program to brand new ideas.
- 10 Mezzanine Grants have been awarded to programs producing stellar, innovative work that we want to continue.
- 13 Multi-Year Grants – that will provide more substantial capacity-building assistance to organizations building Jewish community for young adults – are currently being reviewed.
- The Boston Jewish Music Festival received an Innovation Grant for the Coolidge Corner Café + Tzedeks & Saints Concert.
- Mayyim Hayyim received an Innovation Grant for “Preparing for the Days of Awe,” a program that helps participants spiritually prepare for the new year through music, study and creative arts.
- The Jewish Alliance for Law and Social Action received a Mezzanine Grant for the JALSA Young Adult Education Series: Tzedek Salons.
- Almost 400 people attended this year’s Chai in the Hub event, where 18 outstanding young adults in our community were honored.
- 17 people have already registered for this summer’s Young Adult Mission to Poland and Israel. Recruitment is still underway if you have friends that are interested! Contact Karen at email@example.com to get more information and reserve your spot today.
- We’ve successfully sent young professionals from Boston to our sister city Haifa – and we’ve hosted young professionals from Haifa back here at home!
- 9 PresenTense Boston Fellows are launching incredible new ventures to solve social challenges with the help of 5 volunteer coaches and 5 volunteer mentors
- So far we’ve raised $38.3M in CJP’s 2015 Annual Campaign! We still have $15.7M to go – we can do it! (Want to get more involved? Check out the thermometer on our homepage for our most up-to-date numbers, or donate to the Campaign now!)
Who are some of the recipients of these incredible grants? Just to name a few…
Plus, we’re wrapping up one final grant round to help even more programs receive funding. At this very moment, we’re talking about how we could help launch 2 new Moishe Houses, continue the tradition of Ticketless High Holy Day services at the Riverway Project, and bring you the first-ever Jewish public art project 8 Nights 8 Windows this Hanukkah.
We continue to be impressed by the leadership in this community, and are always looking for new opportunities to engage and work with each of you. We'd love for you to consider applying for a grant next year, attending Chai in the Hub, or finding a new way to be involved!
Chairs, CJP Executive Committee on Young Adults
Please login to leave a comment